Lisa Cellini has announced she is running for Horsham Council.
Who is Lisa Cellini?
Lisa is a twenty-year resident of Horsham, a master's prepared public health nurse and a clean water advocate. In addition, she is a small business owner and the mother of three children.
In her own words:
"I am a master’s Prepared Public Health Nurse and I have my bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from La Salle University
After many years of hospital work I worked at the Montgomery County Health Department (MCHD) for five years when it was first formed in the early 90’s. I was Director of Nursing and Clinical Services and oversaw a staff of 30, ran two health centers, one in Pottstown and one in Norristown and managed a budget of about one million dollars
I am a Clean Water Advocate and helped to form BuxMont Coalition for Safer Water a group of concerned, relentlessly dedicated people trying to make sure we have clean drinking water.
I am the owner and operator of an art gallery in Ambler and enjoy bringing arts and culture into the area. My Husband Carl, owns and runs two successful businesses in Ambler, a computer hardware and service business and a school of martial arts.
I am the Mother of three children, two of which attended HH schools K – 12. They are now at PSU. One is in graduate school and the other is a junior. Our daughter, who is much older, was raised mostly in Springfield Montgomery County and is the mother of three active boys."
Why is Lisa running?
Lisa is running for Horsham Council because:
- Horsham Township residents have a right to clean, safe, drinking water and should not be paying a surcharge on their water bill to clean up the water contaminated by chemicals used on the Willow Grove Naval Air Base.
- Residents who drank public water in Horsham prior to 2016 should have access to free biomedical testing for per-fluoroalkyl and polyfluoroalkyl chemicals in their body so they can work with their health care provider to maintain good health. I believe it is the responsibility of the State and Federal government to pay for this testing and I will work to hold them accountable .
- One of the strengths of Horsham Township is our network of preserved open space and walking trails. I believe we should have a more environmentally conscious approach to how we care for and protect our Township land. This includes being a leader in practices such as recycling and reducing single use plastic and not using harmful herbicides and pesticides. I will make sure park staff are trained in environmentally conscious ways of caring for our public lands.
- Horsham Township would benefit from enhancing the arts and culture scene, such as more diverse restaurants, a theater and art and music venues so more people will be interested in living and working and in Horsham. I will work with the zoning board and business community to promote these ideas.
- While our Township has thrived in recent years, our leadership has become insular and stagnant. New ideas, fresh faces and increased energy will invigorate our community. I believe that maintaining sound fiscal management with an enhanced vision for our future is the best path to take.
- In the spirit of open government I will strive to establish transparency in the hiring and awarding of contracts as well as the televised broadcasting of Council and board meetings...
- With belief in equal opportunity for persons of all cultural backgrounds, genders, races and religions, I will work to promote diversity in Township government hiring practices and board appointments. In lieu of state and federal protections I will also support an anti discriminatory-resolution aimed at protecting people who identify as lesbian, gay, transgender and queer.
- It is time to end one party rule in Horsham.
How do I learn more about Lisa and how to support her in her run for council?
Visit Lisa's web site at http://www.lisa4horsham.com, or text LISA to 215 608 0773 to join her campaign and learn more.