A Biden victory is not a sure thing. Consider this from yesterday's The New York Times The Morning newsletter:
- Trump will narrowly win re-election if the results differ from the current polls by as much as the 2016 results differed from the final polls.
- In this scenario, he would win all the states where he leads or trails very narrowly.
- Even with those, Trump would need one more, and the most likely seems to be Pennsylvania, where Biden’s lead has hovered around 5% points
- Trump trails in Pennsylvania by less than he does in Wisconsin or Michigan, two other states he won in 2016. “Pennsylvania has to be troubling the Biden campaign,” the Times reporter says
- Last week, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court sided with Trump and ruled that election officials could not count mailed ballots that arrived in only a single envelope, and not sealed in the “secrecy” envelope
- One local official told The Philadelphia Inquirer that the ruling could lead to more than 100,000 ballots being thrown out
- In 2016, Trump won Pennsylvania by 44,000 votes!
We have 40 days to make sure this does not happen!
Here's what you can do NOW to make sure Biden and local Democrats win:
Phone Banks are the best way to turn "supporters" into Voters. We need your help to make up for not being able to canvass people in person
- Order your Biden-Harris yard signs
- Get Jonathan Kassa's name out there. For FREE Jonathan Kassa yard signs,
- Sign up for No Knock, No Talk, literature drops in Horsham for Jonathan Kassa
- Write postcards for Jonathan Kassa
- Text voters (hurry, slots fill up fast!), and
Here's what you can do to make sure we have a fair election and every vote gets counted:
- Help meet the urgent need for Poll Workers!
- Be a Vote-Early Monitor for the Biden campaign and PA Dems, monitor the process, educate voters, report to the Voter Protection Team. Sign up for training on Oct 4
- Be a Poll Observer
- Sign up to staff the Voter Assistance Hotline or do other things to protect the right to vote, and
Here's what you can do to make sure YOUR vote counts:
- Make a plan to vote. Learn about your options to vote early
- Get 3 friends to make a plan and triple your vote!
Mail-in Ballots are Coming Soon! When your mail-in ballot arrives:
- Vote for each race as soon as your ballot arrives. There is no "straight party" voting.
- NO NAKED BALLOTS! Put your completed ballot into the “secrecy envelope” first. If you don't it will not be counted!
- Put the secrecy envelope inside the pre-addressed envelope, sign in the space provided on the back, and write the date of signing.
- Check out this video to see exactly how to complete your ballot.
- Mail your ballot back as soon as you complete it, no postage required.
- Beginning October 3, you may use a Drop Box to deliver your own and only your own properly completed (see above) ballot. Click here for details.
- Click here for full details on all your voting options
We know that these appeals seem relentless. The fact is that as much work as we have done, there is much more to do. Thank you for what you have done, and please, consider what else you can do between now and November 3 to make sure Pennsylvania carries the Biden-Harris team to victory, we flip the state legislature, and sweep the state-wide races.
Biden-Harris Yard Signs
Show your support for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris. Don't let Trump own the outdoor spaces!
1 sign-$10 3 signs-$25 7 signs-$50
Protect Democracy and get Paid for it
Elections are made possible by thousands of regular citizens serving as poll workers across the Commonwealth.
This year, the need in Horsham is greater than ever! Many regular poll workers are older and at higher risk for contracting Covid-19, so are not able to serve.
This is a great opportunity to participate hands-on in our democracy for those at lower risk, students age 17, and students and other young adults 18 or older. Training and PPE will be provided. These are paid positions. You must be a registered voter and a resident of Montgomery County, or a student age 17.
Lit Drop for Jonathan Kassa
Phone Bank for Christina Finello for Congress (PA-01)
Did you know that the First Congressional District is one of only two in the country that went for Clinton in 2016 and is still held by a Republican?
We can change that this year by working to elect Christina Finello. The first district includes part of Horsham, and we are asking all Horsham residents to show their support by signing up for one phone bank shift.
It is time to elect a Congresswoman who will stand up for PA families and stand up to Donald Trump.
Phone banks are Tuesdays and Thursdays at 6:00 PM, Saturdays and Sundays at 1:00 PM
Calling All Postcarders!
Sending postcards to voters is a great way to get involved in the campaign on your own schedule, in your own home, or wherever you have a place to write. The Kassa campaign is looking to reach voters in Horsham with Jonathan's message. We will provide the cards and sample messages. Your contribution of postage is greatly appreciated, but not required.
Have an Impact--Text!
Back to Blue has launched texting on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays in support of Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and all the Democrats on the ballot. You text from your computer, not your phone, so you are not revealing your phone number. Training and real-time help provided.
Reach voters where they live with texts to their phones. Sign up, get trained, and help Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and all Democrats win big in Pennsylvania!
You Can Protect Voting Rights
Poll Observers are our first line of defense against voter intimidation and confusion at the polls. The PA Democratic Party is building the largest team of volunteers PA has ever had! Find out more below.
If that isn't for you, but you want to help protect voting rights, register below for some other options.
Do You Have a Plan to Vote?
The best way to be sure your vote is counted is to make a plan NOW for how you are going to vote! It has never been easier to vote in Pennsylvania. Don't Delay. Click HERE for Complete Information!
After you make your plan, talk to your friends and family and help them MAKE A PLAN TO VOTE!
Sign up to Phone Bank
Phonebanking is in full swing. You can choose a day and time that works best for you--weekday or weekends, afternoons or evenings.
Even if you have just an hour, it WILL make a difference. There is always training before each session. For more in-depth training, especially for first-timers, sign up for a training session any Monday.
You can sign up for a shift in advance, or if you decide spur of the moment that you want to call or text, you can sign up during any of the available hours and start connecting with voters.
Phone Bank Close to Home
Almost every voter we turn out for Jonathan Kassa will be a voter for Joe Biden and the all the Democrats. If you want to focus your efforts in and around Horsham, sign up to phone on Wednesday or Monday evenings.
Phone Bank Across Pennsylvania
We know that Pennsylvania is a battleground state, again. It may well decide the election. That means we need to get as many votes for Joe Biden as possible from all over the Commonwealth. Even if we can't win in many parts of the state, every vote we get cuts into Trump's total and helps us avoid a catastrophic repeat of 2016.
Now is the time to Phone!
Phone Bank Training
If you are new to phone banking, or need a refresher, TurnPaBlue is offering training every Monday at 7 PM. Come get trained and ask questions.
Sat, Sept 26, 11:30-12:15 PM
Join the Back to Blue weekly Horsham-area community meeting to learn about the work we’re doing to elect Democrats up and down the ballot in Pennsylvania.
Sun, Oct 4, 5-6:30 PM
Train to be a Vote-Early Monitor
Vote-Early Monitors will be the campaign’s eyes and ears on the ground, observing how the process runs, educating voters, and reporting to the Voter Protection Team in real time.