As we approach Thanksgiving, a heartfelt thank you to all who have worked with us in this past year:
We have accomplished a lot, grown as a team, and been active, effective participants in one of the most consequential mid-term elections in modern history.
Susan Glover to Keynote November 20th Meeting and Discuss Efforts to Address Poverty in Horsham
The Society of Saint Vincent de Paul offers service to the needy and suffering in the tradition of it’s founder, Blessed Frederic Ozanam, and patron, Saint Vincent de Paul. One of the oldest and most successful charitable organizations in the world, the Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a Catholic lay organization of approximately 700,000 people throughout the world who volunteer to seek out and provide person-to-person aid to the poor and needy in 144 countries on five continents. An essential precept of the Society’s work is to provide help while conscientiously maintaining the confidentiality and dignity of those who are served.
In Horsham the programs offered by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul include:
●Super Saturdays/Food Pantry – Each Saturday,
members either deliver food to clients in need, or
allow them to “shop” in our donated food pantry
● Guardian Angels/Archangels – Organizes, collects
and distributes gifts and holiday items for needy
families at Christmas and throughout the year
● Project Roadmap – A networking and life-skill
educational program designed to teach clients how
to solve their personal/financial problems
● Financial Assistance – Limited funds are available
to help clients with emergency situations
Susan Glover, President of the Horsham chapter of the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul, will attend our meeting on this coming Tuesday night, November 20 at 7PM at the Yuong Sang Presbyterian Church at 706 Witmer Road, and discuss the needs of Horsham residents and the programs which are offered by the society to help address these needs.
Attendees are encouraged to bring food donations for the Saint Vincent de Paul Food Pantry.
Welcome to the 2019 Election Cycle
- to flip the Horsham Township council to a Democratic Majority, and
- to bring additional support to our Democratic representative within the Hatboro-Horsham School Board.
- regular attendance at the weekly Executive Committee meetings, which we currently hold on Sunday mornings at Peggy's house at 524 Cedar Hill Road;
- commitment to the team that you will make sure any required work in the committed area is completed promptly, with quality and attention to detail;
- barring unforseen circumstances, fulfilling your mandate through the entire 2019 election cycle.
- Campaign Management
As you can see, we have a lot going on.
To succeed in what we are now attempting, historic change within our township, good intentions are not enough.
To succeed, we need your help and active participation.
If this is something you can offer, we are ready for you now.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Chair, Horsham Dems