We have some exciting events coming up, please join us!
We have a special guest, State Senator Maria Collett, who will be joining us for canvassing on Sunday, September 8th, 1:00 - 3:00 pm. Our starting point is Bryn and Dane’s, 400 Privet Road in Horsham.
Wednesday, September 18th, 4:00 – 6:00 pm canvass with County Commissioner Ken Lawrence. Location: Lisa Cellini's home, 1021 Balmoral Way, Maple Glen
Natasha Bagchi and Lisa Cellini Brunch and Fundraiser at the home of Jill and Howard Zipin – Sunday, September 29th, 1:00 – 3:00 pm. Location: 706 Presidential Drive, Horsham. RSVP Lisa Cellini [email protected]horsham.com
ABSENTEE BALLOT VOTING INFO
Will you be traveling, away at college, out of your district, or otherwise unable to make it to your polling place on Election Day - Tuesday, November 5, 2019? If so, then we urge you to vote by Absentee Ballot! In Pennsylvania, absentee voting is a multi-step process and CANNOT BE DONE ONLINE. For your vote to count, follow these important deadlines:
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 29
Last day to submit Absentee Ballot APPLICATION. Deadline is 5:00PM.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 1
Last day to submit Absentee Ballot. Deadline is 5:00PM.
NOTE: By state law, a postmark date does not apply. If there is not enough time to mail an Application or the Voted Ballot, voters can hand-deliver to:
Montgomery County Voter Services
One Montgomery Plaza
425 Swede St
Norristown, PA 19401
PLEASE DO NOT DELAY! EVERY VOTE MATTERS!
To VOTE by Absentee Ballot in PA: 1) You must apply by mail. 2) You must complete the ballot and submit it by mail for processing before the deadline.
Follow these instructions to complete and submit an Absentee Ballot Application:
1) Print the absentee ballot application and instructions: https://www.montcopa.org/DocumentCenter/View/2214/MontcoAbApplicationFill-In?bidId=
2) Please write legibly.
- NAME: Use your full name (preferably as on your voter registration card).
- HOME ADDRESS: Use your full street address and town PLUS the township or borough where you are registered to vote (do not use your post office).
- COUNTY: MONTGOMERY
- OCCUPATION: Write STUDENT, RETIRED, or whatever is your occupation.
- CONTACT INFO: Necessary in case something is missing from your application.
- ID: Provide either your Pennsylvania Driver’s License number (out-of-state licenses not accepted) OR the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- ADDRESS: Write where you want to receive your ballot in early-to-mid October. Check the box that describes why you are voting absentee: “ABSENCE FROM THE MUNICIPALITY” or “ILLNESS OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY".
Fill in either Section A or Section B with a short phrase, then Sign and Date:
- Section A – REASON for ABSENCE (examples: ATTENDING COLLEGE or BUSINESS TRIP or VACATION OUT OF TOWN)
- Section B – ILLNESS OR PHYSICAL DISABILITY (example: LIMITED MOBILITY)
3) Affix a first-class stamp to the envelope and mail the application to: Montgomery County Election Board, PO Box 311, Norristown, PA 19404
NOTE: If sending by express mail, use this address instead: Election Board, One Montgomery Plaza, Suite 602, 425 Swede Street, Norristown, PA 19401.
4) When you receive your ballot in October, VOTE IMMEDIATELY, and follow the ballot’s mailing instructions. MAIL IT RIGHT AWAY, WITHOUT DELAY – even if it appears that the deadline is far off because it can take weeks to reach the County office.
5) Questions? Call Montgomery County Voter Services: 610-278-3275 or go to: voterservices.montcopa.org and click on “Absentee Voting".
If for some reason you cannot participate in our activities, you can still support the Horsham Democratic Committee in our efforts to elect Democratic Candidates. Elections are costly and even a small contribution can make a big difference. Please make a donation today to support our candidates and our efforts to elect them.
Horsham Dems 2019 Meeting Schedule
Horsham Democratic Committee meets on the third Tuesday of each month. Our agenda includes presentations by candidates for public office, updates by elected officials, and practical information for committee members and guests. Our 2019 meeting schedule is as follows:
November 19th - This will be a post-election Celebration and Volunteer Appreciation event
All of our regular meetings are hosted at the Yuong Sang Presbyterian Church on 706 Witmer Road in Horsham, PA 19044, beginning at 7PM.